Financial planning for the life you choose
Our clients know they don’t live in a “one size fits all”, homogenised, commoditised world. Our clients are not just diverse, they are unique with unique needs. So we offer diverse services that start from the same point. Who and what is important to you and what are your aspirations?
We probably don’t suit everyone. But, clients we work with often say they came to us when they:
Felt frustrated, as they were not turning income into investment fast enough and future dreams were in doubt.
Wanted to be financially secure, whatever life might throw at them.
Were concerned that the plans they made in the past may no longer be suitable.
They stay with us because they value the security of financial plans that enable them – and those they care about – to live the life they choose.
When do you need financial planning?
The value of pensions and investments and the income they produce can fall as well as rise. You may get back less than you invested.
Tax treatment varies according to individual circumstances and is subject to change.
Planning Your Future
You are doing well and want to protect all you have achieved and build a future:
- Don’t miss out on money back from the government that you are owed
- Protect you standard of living and those you care about against the unexpected
- Invest for your future, tax efficiently and cost effectively
Growing Your Investments
You have long-term investments, but are not sure if they are on track and don’t want to miss out on:
- Time sensitive allowances, that once they are gone, they are gone forever
- Getting the returns your level of risk taking allows
- Make informed choices, balancing short-term priorities with long-term goals
Getting the Most from Your Investments
You are thinking of working less and taking some income from investments to enjoy life more:
- Maximise your standard of living when you chose not to work so hard
- Retain more of your hard earned money legally and ethically
- Ensure you are not taking undue risk with your current assets
Your needs are different now and you would like to speak with a specialist in Later Life Advice:
- Make sure your money lasts at least as long as you need it to
- Plan how best to provide for the care you may need
- Preserve the value of your estate
You are a successful small or medium businesses (SME) and want to maintain and grow:
- Financial assessment to mitigate business risks
- Protect your profits by protecting the people who deliver them
- Plan succession to keep ownership of your business in safe hands
Company Benefits & Auto-enrolment
You want to provide directors and employees with benefits:
- Attract and retain the best people in your business with a competitive benefits package
- Tax efficient employee and director benefits
- Comply with regulations and avoid unnecessary penalties
Who are we
Barnetson & Co
We are a Coventry based financial planning practice passionate about the services we provide and proud of the relationships we build with our clients. We believe people need financial planning support to enable them to live the life they choose. What do we mean by that?
Firstly, we are not here to question your lifestyle or your values. There is no “right way” to live and there is no “right way” to financial success, so we will want to understand who and what is important to you. What’s your idea of what successful looks like? What are your goals in life? What should your future look like?
It’s your life, live it as you choose! But every choice does usually have a financial impact. If not now, it probably will later. We believe that people live happier lives once they learn to live mindfully, enjoying each moment now, while also planning for the future; so they can keep living as they prefer in every future moment too! That can be a tough balance to achieve, and many don’t.
We will make bespoke recommendations based on a detailed and expert analysis of your individual needs. Our role is to help you understand the ever-changing financial world and guide you to create long term financial plans that include answering the following questions:
- What do I have to do to ensure that I never run out of money?
- How much do I need to earn and save to give me what I want out of life?
- When can I afford to stop doing the things I have to, and start doing the things I want to?
- What level of investment return do I need to achieve my goals?
- What do I need to do to ensure that the people I care about are financially secure whatever happens?
Most of our clients like to meet up once a year to ensure they do not miss out on valuable allowances or are unnecessarily impacted by any of the UK Government Budget announcements. They also value the peace of mind that comes from reviewing their financial plans and progress toward achieving their objectives now, as well as keeping them on track for the future.
You can find us listed on:
Mobile: 07547 898103
Telephone: 024 7641 4020
Barnetson & Co is registered in England and Wales, Number 8778745. Registered Address: 41 Arnold Avenue, Coventry, CV3 5LW. Strictly by appointment only.
Barnetson & Co is a trading style of Barnetson & Co Ltd who are an appointed representative of Quilter Financial Services Limited and Quilter Mortgage Planning Limited which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Tax Planning and Auto Enrolment is not regulated by the FCA. The guidance and/or advice contained within this website is subject to the UK regulatory regime, and is therefore targeted at consumers based in the UK.
If you are unhappy with our service
If you have a complaint about your adviser, or any financial advice you have received from your adviser, please contact us:
Quilter Financial Planning Complaints Department
Tel: 0191 241 0700
You can find more information by visiting the Quilter Financial Planning website:
If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
At Barnetson & Co Ltd we respect your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information; our Client Privacy Notice explains how.Barnetson & Co Client Privacy Notice v4.0